The most common malfunction of climate systems – is the air conditioner cools poorly or blows air at room temperature. Such a failure in the work of split equipment happens for various reasons. Let’s talk about it in more detail.
In the article, we will consider what to do if the air conditioner began to cool the air in the room worse, the possible causes, recommendations, how to avoid this, and to eliminate the malfunction with your own efforts or with the help of a specialist.
What does the cooling capacity of an air conditioner depend on?
Cooling capacity – the main characteristic of the air conditioner, which determines the effectiveness of the climatic equipment. The cooling capacity parameter is selected taking into account the area of the room where the device will be installed. For calculation, we use the following formula: for 10 square meters of a room with ceilings not more than 3 meters – 1 kW of cooling capacity.
Now let’s consider how to define whether the cooling of the air-conditioner really became worse and whether it is necessary to have some repair work or whether such estimation of the appliance’s ability to work was not objective.
The cooling ability of the climatic systems largely depends on the air temperature outside. An effectively working air conditioner will provide the optimal air temperature inside the room, the difference of which can be 8-120 and more. If the difference in temperature on the street and in a room, where the conditioner works, is less than this parameter, it means that you can make a conclusion about the malfunction of split equipment.
Why conditioner is cooling badly
Conditioners lose the ability to cool air quickly and with high quality because of different reasons, and it is not always possible to determine them without expert help. Let`s look at the most widespread reasons for such malfunction.
Why is the conditioner not cooling the air?
– filters or the fan of the indoor unit are dirty;
– Exchanger in the internal or external unit is dirty;
– Capillary tube clogging;
– insufficient freon in the system;
– Refrigerant leakage;
– fan malfunction;
– Breakage of the 4-code valve in an external unit of the split system;
– Compressor malfunction;
– Faulty temperature sensors;
– Broken pressure sensors.
What problems can be solved by yourself
Some malfunctions of the air conditioner, provoking poor air cooling, you can fix yourself.
What problems can be solved without the help of a craftsman:
1. Dirty filters can be cleaned. To remove them, you need to open the lid of the indoor unit, remove the filters and rinse them under cold running water. After a little drying, the filters are put back in place. Now it is possible to start the conditioner and check its working capacity.
2. The dirty heat exchanger can be cleaned in different ways: with a steam cleaner, a high-pressure washer, or special chemicals. If difficulties arise, call for service.
3. The owner can also clean a dirty indoor unit fan by himself using a brush or high-pressure cleaner.
4. If the cause of the malfunction is a clogged capillary tube, clean it by blowing or pressing it. If the tube is clogged with moisture, cleaning is done by vacuuming.
When professional assistance is required
In all other cases, you can not do without the help of professional craftsmen. Specialists will diagnose and determine the exact cause of the breakdown. If necessary they will refill the freon. In the case of a refrigerant leak, its sealing is performed.
A broken compressor, condenser, fan, and pressure and temperature sensors can be repaired or completely replaced with new parts. It all depends on the malfunction and the price of the issue.
Don’t ignore the problem of poor air conditioning cooling. Minor malfunctions are easy to fix, at a low cost. And if the fact of ineffective work of the device is left without attention, you can wait for serious breakdowns, the repair of which you will have to spend a lot of money.
Observe the rules of operation and timely perform the technical inspection of climatic devices. Experienced specialists from the service center will always help to solve this problem.
Don’t wait for your air conditioner to fail. If not repaired promptly, there is a very high likelihood that a lengthy comprehensive repair will be required. Even a few days without air conditioning in the summer heat in San Diego County, California, will greatly discomfort the whole family. But by calling the handypersons at SDAC Heating & Air Conditioning, you can avoid this problem.