The Air Conditioning system is a set of equipment designed to create certain parameters of the microclimate inside the premises. It maintains them at a given level automatically. Air Conditioners are installed in apartments, houses, offices, shopping centers, industrial, and other facilities. Like other equipment, they need regular Air Conditioning Repair and Service. You can entrust the maintenance of Air Conditioning to SDAC Heating and Air Conditioning specialists.
Frequency of Inspections
Air Conditioning and Heating Repair and Service are carried out at regular intervals. It depends on the type of facility where the equipment is installed and how often it is used. Continuously running systems should be inspected more frequently.
The frequency of inspection and maintenance of heating and Air Conditioning systems is:
- Once a year for Air Conditioners that are used periodically. Such requirements are usually imposed on systems installed in residential buildings and apartments.
- 1 time in 3 months for Air Conditioners operating continuously. With the same frequency, systems installed in offices and other premises with a large crowd of people (or equipment) are inspected.
- Once a month in shopping centers, clubs, server rooms, and industrial premises.
Attention! Replacement of filters or their cleaning should be carried out more often, once a month, regardless of the recommended frequency.
Why Do You Need a Planned Annual Inspection
Even if your Air Conditioner is working without problems, observing the frequency of annual checks will allow you to:
- Save on the replacement of spare parts and Air Conditioner and Furnace Repair and Service. Timely maintenance of equipment prolongs its service life by 1.5–2 times. Therefore, you will less often need to pay for the purchase of spare parts, services for the dismantling, and installation of equipment.
- Maintain or improve system efficiency. Every year, Air Conditioners lose up to 8-10% of freon. If you do not make up for its losses, air quality decreases. It also results in a 25% increase in electricity bills.
- Good employee productivity. Clean, moderately humid, and oxygenated air at a temperature of 72°F reduces fatigue, improves memory, and concentration, and increases the body’s resistance to infections. All this has a positive effect on the productivity of office employees.
- Condition assessment, scheduled maintenance, and repair of the Air Conditioning system are also necessary to comply with the technical regulations on safety. Violation of its requirements threatens the company with the payment of a large fine.
When is an Unscheduled Inspection Needed?
Inspection, as well as repair of air conditioning and Heating systems, are required more often if there are clear signs that the equipment has failed. It is worth conducting an unscheduled inspection if:
- The strength of the outgoing airflow has decreased.
- The Air Conditioner began to work louder than usual.
- The equipment began to cool the air worse.
- Condensation began to flow.
- There was an unpleasant smell inside the premises.
After inspection of the Air Conditioner, possible problems will be eliminated. If the test shows that the equipment is working properly, it may be necessary to inspect and repair the ventilation system in the room.
Maintenance and repair of heating systems, as well as Air Conditioners, include the following types of work:
- System diagnostics. During it, an engineer and technical worker conduct a visual inspection and fix the mechanical damage. Then he checks the power supply, the operation of indicators, and various modes and compares the air parameters with those indicated in the equipment passport. Diagnostics also include checking for freon leaks and examining the drainage system.
- Air Conditioner cleaning. This includes cleaning the case and front panel, washing the outdoor unit, and removing dust and poplar fluff. In addition, cleaning and disinfection of heat exchangers and filters are carried out.
- Topping up the Air Conditioner with refrigerant. It is carried out if the volume of freon is reduced by 8-10%.
- Repair of heating and Air Conditioning systems. It is needed only when breakdowns and complete failure of individual elements are detected.
The standard scheduled annual maintenance includes only system diagnostics and equipment cleaning. These services take approximately 1 hour. If malfunctions are found, Air Conditioning Repair and Service may be needed. To clarify all your questions about the annual check of the Air Conditioning system, please contact SDAC Heating and Air Conditioning specialists for a free consultation by phone or leave a request on the website.