Modern air conditioners are reliable equipment that can last up to 15 years if properly installed and used following the manufacturer’s instructions. The service life depends on the type of equipment and the brand of the air conditioning system. Unfortunately, air conditioners often fail prematurely. The reasons are very different: untimely cleaning of filters, lack of refrigerant, voltage drops, wear and tear of mechanisms. If your air conditioner breaks down, contact the professionals. SDAC Heating and Air Conditioning provides air conditioning repair and installation in Solana Beach, CA.
Air conditioning repair service in the vast majority of cases brings equipment back to life. Thanks to the professionalism of our technicians, most problems can be solved by replacing one or more damaged parts.
The air condition system is complex equipment consisting of many elements. Each mechanism can fail. Most often, malfunctions appear in this way:
- The air conditioner doesn’t cool the air enough. First of all, the technician checks the condition of the filters, radiator, impeller, and evaporator. Usually, a routine cleaning will restore the equipment’s ability to cool the air. If the cause is not system contamination, freon charging is needed.
- Spontaneous shutdown. Sometimes it happens immediately after turning it on. It is necessary to check the control board, indoor unit fan, starting capacitors, and temperature sensors. If the air conditioner turns off after 10–20 minutes, the cause may be a violation of the drainage, overheating of the compressor, dirty filter-drier or outdoor unit. During the diagnosis, the technician will determine the exact cause and suggest the best way to solve the problem.
- Indoor module leak. Often, water drips immediately after installation due to installation mistakes. Condensation may flow out in case of problems with the drainage system, its pollution, and damage.
- Bad smell. This indicates bacteria in the evaporator. In such a case, repair of air conditioners is not needed, disinfection is enough.
- Noise during operation. Most often it is associated with wear on the compressor bearings.
- The air conditioner does not turn on. Possible causes: breakdown of the unit, breakage of starting capacitors, malfunction of the compressor or control board.
Even if the breakdown seems not serious at first glance, you should not delay calling the technician. Moreover, the repair of air conditioners at home is carried out by us at any time convenient for the client. A minor malfunction, if ignored, may well lead to serious problems. For example, freon leakage negatively affects the state of the entire system.
To call the technician for air conditioning repairs and installation in Solana Beach, contact us in any convenient way. Leave a request on the website and we will call you back in a short time.